Who we are:
Tribe Gaming is the leading mobile gaming content collective, founded in 2017 by content creator Patrick “Chief Pat” Carney to drive the growth of mobile gaming media, entertainment, and esports. Exclusively representing the biggest names in mobile content and the most talented players in mobile esports, Tribe’s powerhouse of creators has garnered 20+ million subscribers and 100+ million monthly views on YouTube alone, and Tribe’s esports teams have competed in four major mobile titles – having won multiple world championships.
In 2021, Tribe Gaming raised funding from Spurs Sports & Entertainment and announced multiple first-of-their-kind partnerships within mobile gaming. Tribe Gaming is based in Austin, Texas with contractors located around the world.
About this role:
Tribe Gaming is seeking an experienced Media Sales professional who will play a crucial role in generating revenue for Tribe and its content creators through YouTube Reserved Media sales. This person will be responsible for identifying Media Sales opportunities that align with Tribe Gaming’s goals and objectives, specifically in regards to Reserved Media Sales on YouTube. This role requires a strategic thinker with excellent communication and negotiation skills, an existing rolodex of agencies and advertisers, and a history of closing deals in this space. This is a new role for Tribe Gaming, and the responsibilities and scope will continue to evolve over time.
What you’ll be doing:
- Drive revenue growth by selling reserved media inventory on YouTube to advertisers and agencies
- Develop and execute a comprehensive sales strategy in alignment with Tribe’s overall business goals and objectives to meet and exceed revenue goals, including maintaining forecasting of Tribe gaming channel inventory
- Identify and research potential brands, including corporations, businesses, and individuals and agencies who may be interested in utilizing Tribe Gaming’s exclusive and highly curated mobile gaming audience
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with prospective and current brands and agencies by understanding their advertising goals and objectives while continuously seeking opportunities to upsell and renew agreements
- Create compelling sales proposals and presentations tailored to the needs and objectives of potential brands and partners
- Pitch brands, media agencies and prospective clients about Tribe’s unique YouTube inventory and how we can deliver against their marketing objectives
- Negotiate sales agreements, including terms, pricing, and deliverables, while ensuring a win-win outcome for both Tribe and brands
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, competitor activities, brand best practices and changes in the YouTube advertising landscapes to identify new opportunities and stay ahead of the competition
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including talent management, brand sales and activations and business operations to ensure the successful execution of sales agreements
- Generate regular reports on sales and campaign performance to make data-drive recommendations for optimization and demonstrate value to clients
What it takes to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or a related field
- Proven track record in media or digital sales, with 2+ years of experience (experience selling YouTube Reserve inventory preferred)
- In-depth knowledge of YouTube’s ad formats, targeting options and analytics
- Solid, working relationships with clients and agencies in core vertical (gaming)
- Strong understanding of the digital advertising ecosystem, including programmatic advertising
- Strong negotiation and communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex concepts to clients and package multi-component programs to deliver for client goals and needs
- Exceptional relationship-building abilities
- Creative thinker with the ability to develop unique sponsorship ideas
- Analytical mindset with the ability to interpret data and provide actionable insights
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and CRM software
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Results-driven with a strong focus on meeting and exceeding revenue targets
What we offer:
- An ambitious company focused on growth and continual improvement
- A fast-paced fun team of passionate people
- Excellent reputation with customers and within the industry
- Competitive market pay
- Unlimited paid time off, paid sick days & holidays
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
Tribe Gaming is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred, and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
We are deeply rooted in the gaming universe and would love to welcome you on our mission to push the boundaries of gaming & content together.