Tribe Gaming is the leading mobile gaming esports organization founded in 2017 by content creator Patrick “Chief Pat” Carney to drive the growth of mobile gaming media, entertainment, and esports. Exclusively representing the biggest names in mobile content and the most talented players in mobile esports, Tribe’s powerhouse of creators has garnered 20+ million subscribers and 130+ million monthly views on YouTube alone, and Tribe’s esports teams have competed in five major mobile titles – having won multiple world championships.
In 2021, Tribe Gaming raised funding from Spurs Sports & Entertainment and announced multiple first-of-their-kind partnerships within mobile gaming. Tribe Gaming is based in Austin, Texas with contractors located around the world.
About the Role:
As Video Editor, you will be expected to lead the post-production phase on many of our biggest projects, working in close collaboration with our Content Producers to deliver a polished final product. There will be a healthy balance of creative feedback and direction given to you, we also expect the Editor in this position to be able to pick up raw materials and make use of creative freedom to lead and deliver a compelling piece of content.
We love video games, therefor an ideal candidate has a passion for the gaming culture and is able to speak the lingo. Additionally, all of our content is released on YouTube or other social media, so you should have a strong understanding of online video formats.
What you will be doing:
You will be working on a wide variety of content ranging from creator announcement videos to long-form (esports, gaming) documentaries. This position will be hands-on and will help us pioneer the evolution of content in the mobile gaming space.
What you should bring:
- 3+ years of editing
- Proficient with the Adobe CC video suite
- Familiar with codecs, LUTS and post-processes
- Understanding of YouTube/Gaming Videos
- Able to color correct and mix audio
- Knowledge of current YouTube trends
- Can build motion graphics/text
- Local to Austin Texas or ability to relocate
- Mandatory for consideration: Readily available reel, website, and/or portfolio
- A passion for mobile gaming, games, their creators, and the ecosystem
- Shooting/Producing Experience
- YT and Title Thumbnail Experience
- We are deeply rooted in the mobile gaming universe and would love to welcome you on our mission to push the boundaries of mobile gaming & content.